Monday, October 27, 2008

MySpace Blog from August 2007

I found these two blogs that I just thought were funny! Enjoy!

August 27,2007 So. You might all remember that I was very excited that Shawn signed up for Tiger Cubs and that Mark was pretty excited as well. Well, we had our first event, a bicycle rodeo and ice cream social. It was fun. Morgan was a bit of a pain because we didn't take her bicycle (didn't know we could). But then my world took a little spin. Get this. Did you know that once a year or maybe more often they have a FAMILY campout. Did I say that loud enough, FAMILY!!! So, I most politely told Mark that I thought he and Shawn and Morgan would have a great time. He most politely told me that Family meant the WHOLE family and that he really thinks I should go too. It would be a much better experience for the kids of we were both there! The ground. I have to sleep on the ground. With bugs and stuff. OMG. What was I thinking??

I received several comments from friends and family with helpful advice and encouragement so this next blog was written a few days later.

In response to all of you that seem to think that taking an air mattress, pillows and bug spray will somehow make sleeping on the ground in a tent, with a bunch of creepy crawlies okay, I have one word for you: BAH
I've camped before. I'm not a camping virgin. I remember how HOT it was when I woke up around 10am the next morning and sun was beating on the tent walls. I was practically baked! Course, I was also hung-over and dehydrated! I remember coming out of the woods with welts the size of a softball from the bloodsucking mosquitos that grow larger around camp grounds (probably from the steady supply of fresh blood). I remember the noises in the night. Howling, scratching, sniffling, hooting, then lots of ripping, teraring and screaming.. . ohh..wait...that one was just a dream. But anyway, I'm not to be persuaded. I will promise to go into this one with an open mind and see what happens! But I also promise that if this sucks, poor Shawn will be motherless when it comes to camping out until "someone" buys me a pop-up with air!

1 comment:

Aletta Blair said...

I seem to remember a time when, oh, 'bout 30 years ago, you and Jeremy were all about camping - bugs and all. I was the one who didn't quite get the hang of it.