Monday, October 27, 2008

From February 2008 - 1st Grade

This little blog was born February of 2008. I posted it on MySpace originally, but I wanted to post it here so I don't lose it when I cancel MySpace.

I wanted to share this little e-mail that Shawn's teacher sent to me about a conversation that she started and then overheard continuting later in the day between Shawn and a little girl in his class. I cried. Some of you have seen this already, but I wanted the rest of you to see it too. I think it is priceless!
E-mail from teacher:
Today we discussed what relatives are. It can be quite confusing at 7, I'll tell you.
Someone said, "Well, a relative is anyone you love."
I tried to explain that I love the students, but they're not related to me.
Someone said, "Well, if they are your relative, then you love them."
So this spiraled into a new conversation… and someone said, "I love all of my relatives."
Shawn said, "You do? How? You just love everyone?"
She said, "Well, we love them. We just do. I mean, I love my mom. Don't you love your mom?"
He said, "Well, yes, I love my mom, yes."
She said, "Right, and you love your dad, right?"
Shawn said to her, "Yeah, but I do not love my mom or my dad just like I love other people."
She said, "Well, right, because he's your dad and she's your mom."
Shawn said, "No, I mean, I love my cat. I love my guinea pigs, but I love my dad like… [Long pause]… Superman or something."
The girl said, "SUPERMAN? What? You love your dad like a cartoon?"
Shawn said, "No, not a cartoon… well, yeah, like, you know, a hero or something."





So. I love my little boy. He is special to me for sure.
Chelle

No comments: