Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A moment of quiet

I'm sitting here wondering how much to tell. If I say too little, you will be confused and ask questions that I don't want to answer. If I say too much, you will get curious and ask questions that I still don't want to answer.

So, I will fall back on the kids! They are doing well. Growing like weeds. Morgan loves school and is very good at it. The only thing her teacher has had to say at all about her that wasn't positive was that she has to remind Morgan every once-in-a-while that she is the teacher, not Morgan and that Morgan should let her friends do their work the way they want to, not the way that Morgans wants them to. I've been told she's a lot like me. I don't see it!

Shawn is struggling with normal little boy things. He doesn't want to sit still and listen when the subject bores him. His teacher bores him. So he gets into trouble with her some. But the rest of his teachers adore him, so I'm not real worried. I think this teacher is just crotchety. He's bright, just bored!

Mark will be finishing up his Associates Degree in a couple of weeks! Then he is switching schools from Baker to Mid American Nazzerene to finish his Bachelors. It will be months shorter and thousands cheaper to change schools. So he will start there later in October.

We are looking forward to Fall. We are going to hit one of the local pumpkin patches this year. I love doing that. It is so fun. And then I get to carve a pumpkin or four and roast pumpkin seeds! YUUMM Morgan is starting Daisy Scouts next week. So we are going to be selling Girl Scout Cookies later this year! Shawn is already starting his Popcorn sales. So I'll be hitting you all up for that soon!

I am here. I am busy at work and home. Work is killing me. I have work enough for two or three people, but can't get help. I think they are setting me up to fail. I'm thinking about getting my resume updated. But I don't know what I want to do. Mark wants me to go back to school. But I'm not sure I want to do that either. We'll see. We are trying to finish up some projects here around the house. We are not as happy with our neighborhood or school as we were when we first moved here. So there may be a move in our future. But I'll keep you posted on that too. I'm not really willing to take a big hit on our house just because the housing market is in suck a slump.

I think that bring you roughly up to speed. More later!

3 comments:

The Bride said...

I want the shortbread cookies covered in chocolate. Forget those thin mints, everybody wants thin mints. Shortbread!

Chelle said...

You'll get Shortbread and the new lemon ones. Cause you can't just buy one box!

Aletta Blair said...

I'm trying to figure out how to get registered. Then I can play with you all. Love, Mom ps: I like getting to read about the little stuff you never remember to talk about on the phone.